Il y a eu beaucoup de changements en 160 ans; Les premiers hôtes y ont été accueillis dès 1852.
The history of the Herburger family in Feldkirch dates back to the year 1852, when they purchased the Weisses Kreuz inn, together with a cider-making business, farm and vineyards, the latter of which are unfortunately no longer in existence.
On 27th August this year it celebrates a 160 year-long tradition, the oldest guest house far and wide to have stayed continuously in the possession of a single family.
Records show that an inn already stood on this site more than 220 years ago. In those days the hostelry was described as a coaching inn, indicating that it was already a licensed accommodation provider.
In earlier days the name „Weisses Kreuz“ (white cross) was given to any inn where destitute transalpine travellers (job-seekers, pilgrims, etc.) could eat and spend the night free of charge.
Over the years our various fields of business have included our own bakery, a weighbridge, a petrol station, a cider-making plant and a schnapps distillery.
Nowadays the hotel is run by the fifth generation of the Herburger family. As such, it is the only hotel in Feldkirch to have remained in the possession of the same family for over 160 years.